The beauty of a suit is its simplicity. The jacket matches the pants, so all you have to do is pick a subtle shirt and pair of shoes, add a couple quick details and you are ready to head out the door.
With the new age of cool, modern suits, however, we have so many more options than our power-suit-wearing predecessors. The jacket and the pants can be mixed and matched to create a look for just about any occasion.
To prove its versatility, I will show how even a bold in-your-face suit can be used to create a number of different looks…so different in fact that I was able to wear this suit 5 times in one week without anybody asking questions.
Day 1 – Corporate
To wear a suit this bold to the office (provided you have a somewhat liberal dress code), keep the shirt white, the tie dark and solid, and shoes simple dark lace-ups.
- Brown alligator belt and silver buckle by Ralph Lauren Purple Label
- Brown alligator watch band by Montblanc
- Brown suede captoe lace-ups by To Boot NY
- Canvas & Leather briefcase by Filson
- Navy socks by Calvin Klein
- Navy wool tie by Thom Browne
- Silver 2″ tie bar by Tiffany & Co
- Tortoiseshell aviator sunglasses by Ralph Lauren Purple Label
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- White cotton pocket square
- White oxford shirt by Thom Browne
- Windowpane suit by Hugo Boss