Short sleeve button-down shirts are very underrated.
Somewhere along the way, due mostly to popular culture, they picked up a bad reputation. Nerdy, sloppy, “middle management”, etc.
A properly fitting s/s shirt, however, is one of the coolest shirts you can own.
Here’s some tips on how to pull them off for those hot summer days.
1. Business Casual Cool
The fit needs to be slim through the body, with a narrow sleeve that skims the arm and hits about halfway down the bicep.
A billowy shirt with a baggy sleeve down to the elbow is not going to be taken seriously.
If you’re only going to get one, I’d say make it 100% linen in a neutral-colored check or plaid pattern.
With tropical weight hopsack trousers, this is one of the best combos for “business casual” on a sticky hot day.
- Medium brown loafers by Scarpe di Bianco
- Tortoise shades by Matsuda Eyewear
- Brown hopsack suit trousers by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Plaid linen s/s shirt by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Brown alligator belt and silver buckle by Ralph Lauren Purple Label
- Brown alligator watch band by Montblanc