It’s Fall again! A style lover’s favorite season. Soon we can stop dreaming about layers of cashmeres, flannels and tweeds.
Don’t be too eager and break out the heavy outerwear right away, though. Start transitioning your wardrobe slowly as the temperature drops using light jackets and thin layering pieces.
Now’s the perfect time for an early Fall staple: the denim jacket.
Here are three of my favorites.
1. Ditch the Blazer
Ditch the suit jacket or sports coat for a cooler, sportier alternative.
A crisp trucker in dark indigo is perfect for commuting to the office on a casual Friday.
This time of year, warm during the day and cool at night, calls for a foundation of lightweight pieces (poplin shirt and hopsack trousers) combined with slightly more Fall appropriate pieces like the denim jacket and wool tie.
A good menswear outfit is rooted in classic, versatile pieces – making it easy to swap out items to change the look.
For example, swap the shirt/tie for a white tee and the lace-ups for low-top sneakers…now it’s a whole new casual look.
- Black/Grey shades by Matsuda Eyewear
- Indigo denim jacket by Levis
- Blue stripe shirt by Ralph Lauren Polo
- Navy/Grey/Black Wool Striped Tie by JCrew
- Silver 2″ tie bar by Tiffany & Co
- Grey hopsack pants by MAB by Dan Trepanier
- Black alligator belt and silver buckle by Ralph Lauren Purple Label
- Black leather/suede spectator wingtip shoes by Barker Black
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Black alligator watch band by Montblanc