After so much positive feedback for our first “1 Piece/3 Ways” post, I thought we’d keep them coming. This time, a little bit extended as well: “One 3-piece tweed suit, 7 different ways to wear it”.
An alternative title for this post could have been: “The advantage of a waistcoat: turning 3 outfits into 7″.
A two piece suit gives you three options for wearing it: the pants separately, the jacket separately, and the suit together. Add a vest into the mix, and 3 options turns to 7, as shown here:
1. Pant Separate
Some of my favorite looks are very simple. If you stick to well-fitted basics like a brown donegal tweed trouser, navy fine-gage knit and burgundy tassel loafers, you have the perfect blank canvas for a textured scarf, like this fair isle number.
This is a great “Sunday Morning Chic” look that holds a certain level of masculinity even though it is very clean and fitted.
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Navy fine-guage turtleneck by Uniqlo
- Burgundy tassel loafers by Johnston & Murphy
- Fair isle knit scarf by Ralph Lauren Polo
- Brown alligator watch band by Montblanc
- Brown donegal tweed suit trousers by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Blackwatch plaid wool socks by Ralph Lauren Polo