Part of the reason I’m drawn to this timepiece is the spirit of its creator and what it represents.
Described as a “bon vivant” and “playboy”, Pierre Arpels was a passionate innovator, businessman, seasoned traveler and a sportsman at heart.
He set the world record for parasailing in 1963 and spent his time yachting between Monaco and Cannes to manage the Maison’s boutiques and high-end clientele.
The watch was designed to represent his lifestyle.
Now that’s something that I can aspire to.
- Aviator sunglasses by Christian Dior Vintage from Noel Vintage
- Navy short sleeve linen shirt by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- White cotton trousers by Michael Andrews Bespoke (Cloth by Ariston AR D058/21)
- “Pierre Arpels” watch by Van Cleef and Arpels
- Brown leather duffle by Frank Clegg Leatherworks
- Alligator grain leather drivers by Martin Dingman
Thanks, as always, for reading.
Yours in style,
Photography by Alex Crawford.