3. Triple Stripe
Another tip for pulling-off multiple patterns together: vary their boldness.
Here Alex pairs three stripes. In addition to varying their scale, he also varies their prominence.
The stripe on the suit is subtle and tonal (thin light blue stripe on navy).
The stripe on the shirt is semi-bold (thin red stripe on white).
The stripe on the tie is very bold (thick red/white stripe on navy blue).
Another bonus pattern at the socks…although the real story here is the pebbled leather wingtip chukka boots.
- Red stripe cutaway collar dress shirt by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Navy double-breasted pinstripe suit by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Red/blue stripe rep tie by Gitman Brothers
- Burgundy trimmed pocket square by TheTieBar
- Silver watch by Raymond Weil
- Skull and crossbone socks by Psycho Bunny
- Brown leather chukka boots by Scarpe di Bianco