3. All Business
A business look doesn’t have to be boring. Inject an age-old combination (suit, shirt, tie, overcoat) with some unexpected fabrics, colors, and textures to bring it some new life and personality.
The fit of a topcoat can be tricky. Ideally, it should be little snug over a suit so that it’s still slim and fitted with just a thin sweater (as in look 1 and 2).
Camel is without a doubt the best color to wear over a brown suit.
It’s a neutral base that also plays well with colorful accessories, which I’m wearing plenty of here.
This is also another example of using nature’s colors for a seasonal look.
Check out our post on Autumn color palettes here.
- Tortoise shell prescription glasses (w/ clip on shades) by Garrett Leight
- Camel topcoat by Rugby Ralph Lauren
- Brown corduroy suit by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Red/blue plaid shirt by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Green cashmere knit tie by Ralph Lauren
- Brown tweed leather gloves by Hilts & Willard
- Brown socks by Calvin Klein
- Tan burnished toe lace-ups by Scarpe di Bianco
- Red stripe umbrella with wooden handle by Pasotti Ombrelli of Italy
Thanks for reading.
Photography by Alex Crawford.