2. Rugged Dandy
Mixing elements that are casual/rugged/worn with ones that are formal/dressy/pristine is a great way to create a visually interesting look that is all your own.
Alex really gets this.
Here he’s combining a vintage flannel jacket, beat-up denim shirt and leather mocs with a cardigan vest, slim bowtie and family heirloom Rolex (as previously featured here).
As we’ve written hundreds of times, vintage pieces are a great way to ad character to your look.
Take this plaid jacket novelty bowtie, for example. The wear spots and subtle tears in the fabric actually make the look more interesting, in our opinion.
Sometimes a pieces flaws are their most unique and interesting characteristics.
- Red plaid workshirt/jacket vintage
- Denim western shirt by Levi’s
- Brown Herringbone Button Sweater Vest by Ralph Lauren
- Vintage Yellow Patterned Bowtie
- Watch by Rolex
- Mustard Corduroy Pants by Uniqlo
- Vintage Brown Crocodile Belt
- Red Socks
- Navy Camp Mocs by Bass