The days of cool Fall weather are quickly coming to an end, so I thought I should post this last installment of “Light Layers of Fall” before it gets consistently freezing outside.
We have a couple more “Light Layers of Fall” posts that we shot a while back as well, but I think due to the rapidly changing weather, I’d rather save them for “Light Layers of Early Spring”. Anyway, for this final edition I’m highlighting a very misunderstood, and underrated, piece : the hoody (or “hoodie”).
When most guys think of a hoody, they think grey fleece, XXL, a college football banner across the chest, and maybe a mustard stain or two. Of course a hoody is a great lounging piece because of its comfort and practicality, but it can be more than that. It can also be a great layering piece that is stylish rather than sloppy.
Here, three hoody looks that don’t scream fratboy.
3. Full Zip + Tweed Jacket
A blazer (or suit jacket) layered over something as casual as a tank top can be a tricky look. A full-zip hoody is the perfect middle ground to compliment them and tie them together.
This is a great way to wear a suit jacket in a very casual setting. Like going to watch a sporting event type of casual.
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Tan suede wingtips by Bass
- “New Standard” Raw denim jeans by APC
- Grey tank top by Fruit of the Loom
- Linen paisley pocket square Vintage
- Brown alligator watch band by Montblanc
- Brown donegal tweed suit jacket by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Brown woven leather gloves by Hilts & Willard
- Burgundy full zip hoody by Cheap Monday