The cricket sweater originated as sportswear and quickly became an old-money prep staple, but that doesn’t mean it can only be worn on the golf course, tennis court or at the country club.
Here’s three ways to get the most out of it.
1. Cross-Genre Casual
I like to mix prep-inspired pieces with items that have a little more edge, like this lightweight designer trench.
By combining genres, you can create a look that is unique and represents your personal point of view on style, rather than a typical representation of men’s fashion as described by brand marketing.
White jeans after Labor Day? Why not? As long as you understand the rules (like proper fit and tasteful color coordination) you can break them in a way that is appealing, not appalling.
Brown suede desert boots look good with just about anything.
- Clear frame sunglasses by Vintage
- Light blue cotton trench by Burberry Prorsum
- Navy cableknit sweater by Argyle Culture
- White denim jeans by Helmut Lang
- Brown Leather Plaque belt by JCrew
- Brown suede chukka boots by Massimo Dutti