3. Cold Weather Color
“I like the versatility of this charcoal herringbone coat. It’s the only topcoat I need since it goes with everything and it’s short enough to wear casually on the weekend.
It also effectively mutes a bolder jacket/trouser combo, like this plum windowpane blazer and royal navy pant.”
As Alberto proves here, you can pull-off color in the Winter…just a different type of color.
Naturally, colors that are cooler in temperature are better suited for winter weather – avoid brights and pastels.
Normally I wouldn’t recommend a pocket square in a topcoat, but Alberto pulls it off as a nice dandy touch.
- Charcoal herringbone topcoat by J.Crew
- Beige/pink pocket square by Armstrong & Wilson
- Plum blazer by Paul Stuart Phineas Cole
- Cardinal stripe shirt by GANT Michael Bastian
- Brown print tie by Ralph Lauren Black Label
- SIlver tie bar by Kenneth Cole
- Watch by Timex for J.Crew
- Blue trousers by Incotex Slowear
- Pink socks by J.Crew
- Brown Leather Archdale Wingtip by Barker Black
Thanks, as always, for reading.
Yours in style,
Photography by Alex Crawford.
Check out more of his work at alexcrawfordphotography.com.