2. Simple Casual + Fatigue Jacket
A vintage fatigue jacket, in camo or solid olive cotton, is a great layering piece.
I picked up this vintage one for $30 and I’ve worn it with everything from a v-neck and jeans (as shown here), to a waistcoat and and tie, to a t-shirt and sneakers, and layered it several other ways.
Bonus Tip: pairing strong orange with camo is a cool subtle nod to hunting camouflage rather than fighting camouflage – a mix that goes back a long way and therefore is not unnatural to the eye.
Bonus Tip: extent your shirt cycle through the Fall/Winter by wearing your short sleeve shirts under knits – they also bunch less and fit more easily under sweaters
- Tortoiseshell aviator sunglasses by Ralph Lauren Purple Label
- Vintage camo lightweight army jacket
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Orange v-neck sweater by Uniqlo
- Purple/Orange striped socks by Happy Socks
- S/S beige check shirt by Theory
- Indigo jeans by JCrew
- Burgundy penny loafers by Bass