A bomber jacket – beefy, warm, shearling collar, hits around the waist – is one of the coolest jackets a man can wear.
It’s masculine, edgy, and can be worn for a variety of occasions as temperatures continue to drop.
Here’s three examples from my wardrobe.
1. Luxury Biker
Despite all of the “dandy” affectations trending during these early years of menswear’s new popularity, the most effective outfits in men’s style will always be the simple ones.
This casual look, for example, is sharp and evokes a little edge, but it’s only a few simple pieces.
It’s all about the details: body-conscious fit, subtle color coordination, contrasting textures, precision grooming, etc.
Although it isn’t obvious in these particular photos, there was a subtle proportion play I wanted to highlight in this look.
A long t-shirt under a short sweater can create an interesting silhouette that is very slightly out of the ordinary in menswear.
More on playing with proportions and silhouettes soon…
- Grey tortoise shades by Matsuda
- Wool & Leather Bomber by Sandro
- Grey cashmere crewneck sweater by Nudie Jeans
- Grey scoop neck t-shirt by Alexander Wang
- Black faded “thin finn” jeans by Nudie Jeans
- Olive and Black leather captoe “corset” boots by Alexander McQueen