2. Sweater on Sweater
Layer them thin sweaters. A turtleneck under a cardigan is a very sleek, cozy and mature look.
You don’t need loud colors or bold accesories (in many cases, these can make a man look less confident). Keep it simple, and mix seasonal fabrics in masculine colors.
Fore example, this look is just five classic menswear staples, in: chocolate moleskin, camel cashmere, forest lambswool, brown tweed and burgundy leather.
I bought this moleskin topcoat from Banana Republic in a size small (keep in mind I’m 6’2″ 190lbs), knowing that I would not be able to wear it over a suit jacket.
I wear a Medium more often, but the smaller size fits better through the shoulders (without a jacket under it), slimmer through the sleeves, and is short enough to wear as a casual jacket.
The fit and fabric make this traditional dress coat a weekend staple for me. I think of it more like a peacoat than a topcoat.
- Brown moleskin topcoat by Banana Republic
- Camel turtleneck sweater by Gucci
- Forest green wool cardigan by Uniqlo
- Brown donegal tweed suit trousers by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Braided leather belt by Trafalgar
- Oxblood captoe dress boots by Scarpe di Bianco