2. Flannel Suit, Suede Chukka
I remember the first time I put on a flannel suit. It single-handedly reshaped the way I looked at fabric and tailoring.
Quality wool flannel is not only soft, warm, and durable, but also has an intriguing depth and beautiful drape.
Simplicity is mature and masculine, but it doesn’t have to be boring. The pieces in this look are subtle and refined, but not “plain”.
From my experience, the more closely a person has to look to find the real charm of an outfit, the more they appreciate it.
In many cases, good taste is knowing when not to put emphasis.
Just because you’re wearing them with a suit doesn’t mean your boots have to look brand new.
These chukkas are a little scuffed and imperfect – just the way I like them.
- Gold Plated hand-engraved shades by Matsuda
- Blue flannel suit by Michael Andrews Bespoke (Cloth by Ariston A 759/11)
- Pink stripe shirt by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Wool glenplaid tie by Marshall Anthony
- Polka dot pocket square Vintage
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Brown suede chukka boots by Massimo Dutti