2. Something Old, Something New
As you may know, I’m a huge thrift shopper.
I love mixing something old (like this jacket and shawl cardigan) with something new (like these waxed jeans and penny loafs).
This jacket was at least one size too big when I found it. I took a risk hoping that my tailor could recut the shoulders and slim the body.
It wasn’t cheap, but I’m happy with it. Still a touch wide in the shoulders but I kind of like it – it’s a powerful look, like some 80′s mob boss sh-t.
Pattern-mixing doesn’t have to be in-your-face. There is sexiness in subtlety.
When you look closely you can see the micro-houndstooth, the ribbed knit of the sweater, and the herringbone in the flannel shirt.
- Grey/black houndstooth double breasted jacket Vintage Yves Saint Laurent
- Neutral wool cardigan Vintage
- Grey herringbone dress shirt by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Black waxed jeans by Nudie Jeans
- Black socks by Kenneth Cole
- Black leather penny loafers by Bass Weejun