3. Tan Pincord
Everybody wears khaki suits in the summer, but nobody wears them in the winter.
A tan corduroy suit is the cold-weather equivalent of the popular khaki cotton suit. It’s also an easy way to stand out from the crowd of grey, navy, and black that dominates the winter.
I’ve had this suit for a couple years…since the F/W sample run of MAB by Dan Trepanier (which unfortunately never came to life).
Just like any other cotton garment, the more you wear it the softer and more confortbale it gets. Corduroy breaks in beautifully and molds to the wearer’s body over time. That’s why men treat their old cords like old friends.
The suit has a hint of casual, so feel free to amp it up with a pair of shoes that shows you mean business.
- Fair isle knit scarf by Ralph Lauren Polo
- Khaki corduroy suit by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Brown bandana as pocket square
- Pale brown plaid shirt by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Brown striped tie by Ralph Lauren Black Label
- Forest green wool cardigan by Uniqlo
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Leather/suede double monkstrap shoes by Scarpe di Bianco
Thanks, as always, for reading. Part II: dressed-down coming soon.
Yours in style,
Photography by Alex Crawford.
Check out more of his work at alexcrawfordphotography.com.