The details can set a man apart, and the tie dimple is one of those small things that can go a long way.
Here’s the trick to getting get it right, with a four-in-hand knot (which is the only knot we recommend because it’s the most visually appealing, in our shared opinions).
1-5: Tie a four-in-hand knot, making sure the tie is not twisted in any way. The key is to tie it a hair on the short side so you can pull it tight into position (no sloppy loose knots!).
6. When you’re ready to pull the knot tight, grab both edges of the tie just below the knot.
7. Use one finger to push-in the middle of the tie directly below the knot, creating a “ditch”, while keeping the edges untwisted and in place.
8. Holding the “ditch” in position with one hand, pull on the front and back ends simultaneously. The harder you pull, the more pronounced of a dimple you will create (and the smaller the knot gets).
9. Button the shirt collar and fasten the knot up onto the collar.
10. Adjust it until it’s just right, and you’re ready to go.
Thanks for reading.
Yours in style,