2. Dark Suit Option
If you have a well-tailored dark suit, preferably midnight blue or charcoal grey, pair it with a white shirt, black tie (or bowtie), and sharp black shoes.
I guarantee it will look better than a last-second rental.
The differences between a midnight blue suit and a midnight blue tuxedo are subtle.
In a world full of two-button notch lapel tuxedos, the only definite differences are the lapel facings and the pant stripe.
In my opinion, it’s not worth trading the fit of a properly tailored suit to score these minute details on an ill-fitting garment.
If it fits well and you rock it with confidence, you will look better and chances are nobody will even notice.
- Midnight navy suit by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- White shirt by Thomas Pink
- Black silk tie by Ralph Lauren Black Label
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Black Seamless Lace-Up Shoes by Ferragamo Tramezza