2. Weekend Layers
Every shade of black is different, and every fabric has a unique texture.
Here, for example, the cotton topcoat has a slight sheen, the ribbed sweater is a touch deeper, and the jeans are a dusty faded black.
Even within the same “color”, there can be interesting contrasts.
This old cashmere cardigan actually belongs to my girlfriend. She wears it like a housecoat, or at least she used to.
It’s the same length as this unlined cotton overcoat, making it the perfect cozy liner. The big shawl collar also serves as a built-in scarf.
Loafers are casual shoes, and a good pair should be very comfortable after you break them in.
I often find myself slipping-on a pair like this even in the most casual times.
- Black/Grey shades by Matsuda Eyewear
- Black unlined cotton topcoat by Theory
- Black cashmere shawl cardigan by Lauren
- Black cotton henley by Burberry London
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Oxidized cuff bracelet by Men in Cities
- Black faded “thin finn” jeans by Nudie Jeans
- “Adams” black leather tassel loafers by Allen Edmonds
- Black shrunken leather backpack by Frank Clegg x Dan Trepanier