2. Happy Hour – Before
Dre and Wes spend plenty of time at happy hour, and most of the time it spills into a late night out in NYC.
What we can learn from Dre’s “before” look:
- If it’s a college dive bar, a plaid shirt and runners are fine. But if you’re a grown man hoping around late-night spots in NYC, you’ll be better served in a tailored jacket and loafers (literally and figuratively).
- An untucked plaid shirt is not the most flattering shape for a broad guy, especially one where the pattern is flipped diagonally. Notice how the dark tailored jacket below really slims down Dre’s overall physique.
- Loose fitting jeans that pool around the ankle tend to look sloppy and unkept.
- Again, a deeper neckline here (this time with a v-neck instead of a crewneck) looks fresh, clean and confident.
- Dre may not be overly particular about his clothes, but he keeps his grooming on point. This is one of the best things a man can do to look approachable and confident.
- Even though he’s dressed more maturely, we kept the “after” look simple and breathable. He’s still only wearing four basic pieces.
Happy Hour – After
- Grey wool/cashmere jacket by Brooks Brothers
- Burgundy cashmere v-neck sweater by Brooks Brothers
- Dark washed jeans by Gap
- Black penny loafers by Johnston & Murphy