It’s that weird time between Winter and Spring. Technically it’s Spring, but most days are still feeling more like winter.
A go-to transitional piece for this time of year: lightweight grey denim.
Here’s three ways to wear them.
1. Business Casual
Not all denim is created equal, the staple fabric comes in many different washes and weights.
There’s denim for winter, like 14.5 oz unwashed rigid selvedge, and there’s denim for spring, like the 10 oz soft-washed jeans featured here.
When the weather starts heating up, the right denim can make a big difference – both in your comfort and in the consistency of your outfit.
A slim lightweight pair in a neutral wash, preferably hemmed, is a great way to slip jeans into your “business casual” rotation, without drawing too much attention from the dress code police.
I love the texture of a raw silk scarf, and it’s perfect for this time of year.
This beauty was hand-woven and hand-dyed on a silk farm in XienKuong, Laos.
A serious, well-made shoe is a nice way to offset the casual vibe of denim.
- Navy unlined cotton topcoat by Theory
- White oxfordcloth shirt by Thom Browne
- Navy silk knit tie by JCrew
- Navy/grey striped cardigan by Rag&Bone
- Burgundy raw silk from Mulberries silk farm in XienKuong Laos
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Black woven leather gloves by Hilts and Willard
- Slim lightweight grey denim by 7 For All Mankind
- Black leather/suede spectator wingtip shoes by Barker Black