A bespoke suit is one of the sexiest garments a person can own – man or woman.
“My mother taught me how to sew, just like her grandmother taught her, so I started designed my own clothes from a young age. I moved from the suburbs of Chicago to attend the Fashion Institute in NYC and, around that time, my friend Jake Mueser and I began designing suits and accessories for ourselves and our friends. In 2009 Jake and I, along with jewelry designer Ryan Matthew and denim tailor Simon Jacobs, opened Against Nature… The following year Jake and I opened our own shop, Doyle Mueser.’
Amber is a student of the game who loves tailored menswear and wears a bespoke suit almost every day. Here’s three of her favorites.
1. Double Breasted
“This suit was inspired by Victorian cutaway coats and the oversized peak lapels of the 1940s…
It’s a black/white wool nailhead, 2×1 with a shallow overlap, and the buttons are made of steel with little swords and shields on them.”
“The blouse is also my own design, it’s made from emerald green pounded silk charmeuse.”
“My favorite thing about these menswear-inspired shoes is the brogue detailing – they’re little stars.”
- Suit by Against Nature Bespoke
- Emerald green silk blouse by Against Nature
- Black silk tassel earrings handmade by Amber Doyle
- Silver Victorian Skull Ring by Ryan Matthew
- Gold ID bracelet by Ryan Matthew
- Silver & black stone ring – family heirloom
- Wingtip brogue heel boots by Victor & Rolf