As menswear enthusiasts and collectors, we’re always on the hunt to step up our game.
It doesn’t get any bossier than exotic leather. Crocodile and alligator are lifelong investments that represent the pinnacle of luxury.
Here, Alex and I share some of our favorite exotic pieces.
1. Serious Business
The first alligator piece I ever purchased was the brown belt in this look; a used Ralph Lauren Purple Label number I found on eBay for a steal. I’ve had it for years and still wear it several times a week.
After I picked up my Montblanc Timewalker (also used from eBay) I tracked down alligator watch bands in several colors (brown, black, tan), along with a spring bar tool to easily swap them.
This beautiful briefcase was handmade by Frank Clegg. It’s one of those legendary pieces that has the potential to instantly become a family heirloom.
On a separate note, a linen suit with gator skin seems like a perfect fit for summer. The combo has a very “southern luxury” feel.
If you’re considering investing in some exotic skin for the first time, a captoe lace-up is a wise choice. It’s an elegant and classic footwear shape that will never go “out of style”.
- Natural 100% linen suit by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Blue cotton shirt by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Navy rep stripe tie Vintage
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Brown alligator watch band by Montblanc
- Brown alligator belt and silver buckle by Ralph Lauren Purple Label
- Crocodile captoe lace-ups by Scarpe di Bianco
- American Alligator brief handmade by Frank Clegg Leatherworks