2. DIY Alterations
“These cords were the perfect example of finding something at the local Goodwill that’s exactly what you came looking for, but the size is all wrong… I’m not one that stops there.
I bought them, took them completely apart, sized the waist, narrowed the legs, re-hemmed the cuff and added buttons for braces.”
We often receive questions about DIY alterations… I will be putting together a series of posts on alts that you can handle yourself (and alts that you probably shouldn’t try at home). More on that later.
“The trench coat was too long so I cut it down and resized it as well.”
“This earring was my first jewelry project. I carved a bird (though it looks like fish) from a peace of drift wood I found in Malaysia.”
Nice Fall color play with the olive corduroys, faded orange socks and roughed-up brown boots.
- Brown Corduroy Pants from Goodwill
- Wooden bird earring handmade by Baxter
- Beige Trench Coat from a Goodwill in SF
- Floral Shirt from Goodwill in Nashville
- Navy and Red Braces from a Yard Sale
- Orange Socks from American Apparel
- Brown Leather boots by Florsheim Imperial