Everybody knows a double breasted suit is dressy, elegant and can set you apart from the usual corporate crowd (see here).
DBs, however, can also work great as style-forward casual jackets.
These aren’t your father’s DB suit jackets from the 70s/80s (with the typical wide shoulders, big shoulder pads and long boxy cut), these are updated versions with soft shoulders, suppressed waists and cut from textured cloth that allow them to transition easily from business to weekend.
Here, 3 db suit jacket looks for casual Fridays or the weekend.
1. Hopsack + Washed Denim
This is one of my most complimented suits – but the soft shoulder, slim cut and textured fabric make it believable as a casual jacket as well.
Bonus Tip: When it gets warm out, you don’t have to stop layering – just be smarter about it. With this linen short-sleeve shirt + unlined hopsack jacket, I can still feel the breeze right through both layers. (Post on hot-weather layering coming soon).
Bonus Tip: The medium weight of this jacket is perfect for tying together the lightweight top (100% linen) and the heavier bottom (denim).
- Brown hopsack double breasted suit jacket by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Slim washed denim jeans by Polo Ralph Lauren
- Black leather double monk straps by Scarpe Di Bianco
- Blue cotton plaid pocket square by Armstrong & Wilson
- Tortoise shades by Matsuda Eyewear
- Leather bracelet Street vendor