2. Seersucker + Chinos
The traditional 1/8″ blue/white stripe seersucker has been done a million times. As a suit, it’s expected. As a blazer, not so much. As a double breasted blazer with gold buttons, not at all.
The more traditional something is (meaning many people own it – like this style of seersucker fabric), the more likely I am to play with it’s styling, cut, details, etc… to update it and make it fresh.
Bonus Tip: A summer fabric in a double breasted cut makes it appear slightly “heavier”, meaning it also works for Spring/early Fall.
Bonus Tip II: If possible, try to match all your metals.
- Blue seersucker double breasted suit jacet by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- White s/s button-down shirt by American Apparel
- Navy cotton chinos by H&M
- Leather two-tone saddle shoes by Bass
- Gold watch by Nixon
- Aviator shades by Randolph Engineering