There is something about a navy blazer + khaki trousers.
It’s the classic all-American Prep school uniform. Whether you like it or not, there is a good chance you wore it (or had to wear it) at one point or another.
As you’ve heard me say before, good style is all about keeping things slightly unexpected. The unique touches, however, can be laid in very subtlety.
Here, by simply playing with fabrics and dimensions, I show how a “standard” blue blazer + khakis + brown loafers look can be transformed into something fresh.
1. Seersucker DB + Linen Trousers
Following our post “casually double breasted”, this look shows that db suit jackets can also be worn as seperates.
Bonus Tip: Seersucker and linen are a match made in (the really hot part of) heaven.
Bonus Tip II: Tortoise acetate [shades] and tiger’s eye stone [bracelet] have a very similar tone, and work well together.
Bonus Tip III: A white cotton pocket square with colored tipping is a gentle step up from the simple solid square fold.
- Navy double breasted suit jacket by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Tortoise shades by Matsuda Eyewear
- Neutral linen trousers by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- White pocket square with brown tipping from TheTieBar.com
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker
- Leather/suede double monkstrap shoes by Scarpe di Bianco
- Black alligator watch band by Montblanc