It’s officially rainy season, are you prepared?
No matter your personal aesthetic, an outfit always looks cooler and more stylish when it’s appropriate for the weather conditions. Practicality is a very important function of clothing, and should always remain.
Here, 5 ways to stay dry in style during those pesky Spring Showers.
1. The Mac Coat
A 3/4 length waterproof-ed cotton “mac” (in a neutral color) may be the perfect coat.
It works with just about any outfit for just about any occasion, in just about any season – especially one like this, with a removeable wool/cashmere lining for colder months.
Over suits, I like single breasted coats rather than double breasted ones because it allows you to leave the coat open and show the layers underneath, creating a more visually interesting ensemble.
Bonus Tip: Keep the outerwear open and the suit jacket buttoned – this creates a better silhouette and shows the dynamic between the pieces.
Bonus Tip II: Good cordovan shoes are virtually indestructible. Once in a while I’ll wear these guys in a light drizzle…after all, what’s the worst that can happen?
- Silver sword tie bar Vintage
- Navy whipcord seersucker tie by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Brown cotton mac coat by d’Avenza
- Floral pocket square by Armstrong & Wilson
- Burgundy leather tassel loafers by Brooks Brothers
- Blue cotton shirt by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Khaki cotton suit by Michael Andrews Bespoke (Cloth by Ariston AR 022/10)