ANNOUNCEMENT: The Official Style Blogger Store is scheduled to go LIVE this weekend with the launch of MAB by Dan Trepanier. It’s a very limited run to start, so if you’re interested be prepared to act fast. Official launch announcement to come.
If you’re denim has the right cut – think slim and straight – there is no reason you can’t dress it up.
Depending on your office of course, these looks may give you ideas for good Casual Friday looks that can transfer directly to a “fancy” weekend night out.
As a matter of fact, in a lot of professions you may not need to wait until Friday. If you can make your denim look sharp and presentable nobody will call you out on looking “not appropriate”.
Here, five different pairs of jeans dressed to the nines.
1. Breaking Up Your 3-Piece with Dark Indigo
I’m all about making tailored wear young and cool. I believe that a man, no matter his age, looks most put-together in a tailored jacket and waistcoat – they’re the two most striking elements of the 3-piece.
Bonus Tip: Dark denim is the easiest to dress-up. Probably even better with a shortened trouser-esk hem, although a clean even roll works okay too.
Bonus Tip II: Brown + Blue. Get with it.
Bonus Tip III: I love incorporating little quirky f-you touches to an outfit, like these vintage revolver cufflinks. Bang.
- Grey plaid jacket by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Grey plaid waistcoat by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Tortoise shades by Matsuda Eyewear
- Vintage mini-revolver cuff links
- Blue cotton shirt by Thomas Pink
- White pocket square with brown tipping by TheTieBar.com
- Brown alligator belt by Ralph Lauren Purple Label
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Indigo denim jeans by JBrand
- Brown leather wingtips by Gucci