4. Weekend Chic
The matching shorts-suit can be especially tricky.
Ironically, I think it’s best not to dress it up for business. With a shirt, tie and business shoes there is a much greater chance of looking like a try-hard than a business man.
In my opinion, it’s best suited for a casual nonchalant look. Think less Monday boardroom, more Sunday brunch.
Bonus Tip: Again, it’s simple. Seersucker shorts + solid polo + leather sandals, just with a jacket over it.
Bonus Tip II: This look works because all the pieces are kind-of-dressy and kind-of-casual. Seersucker shorts-suit, dark polo with a deep placket and sturdy button-down collar, and leather strap sandals with a leather sole and mini heel.
Bonus Tip III: The less “constructed” the jacket, the better it will mesh with shorts (or any casual look for that matter).
Bonus Tip IV: Another solid brown shirt here, I find them very flattering. Also, browns and purples are a great combo.
Thanks for reading.
Yours in style,
Photography by Westley Dimagiba
- Lavender seersucker jacket by Bonobos
- Lavender seersucker shorts by Bonobos
- Brown polo by Golf by James Warren
- White pocket square by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Tortoise shades by Persol
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Brown leather strap sandals by Stubbs & Wootton