7. Old School Updated
In an recent interview the reporter said that I was “one of the influencers leading the charge in making tailored clothing appeal to younger men”. I can only hope this is true.
I love tailored clothing and think it’s the secret to every man looking his best.
That said, have a little fun with it! It doesn’t have to look old or stiff. To prove this point, I took one of the most traditionally “stuffy” fabrics I could think of (grey flannel glenplaid) and tried to turn it on its head with a double breasted peak-lapel waitcoat and cargo pockets on the trousers.
Bonus Tip: If it’s chunky enough, wear that sweater as a coat. This cozy motherf-cker weighs about ten pounds, keeps me plenty warm and is complimented just about everywhere I go.
Bonus Tip II: The Holidays are the perfect time to snuggle up by the fireplace in some big cozy knitwear.
Bonus Tip III: I just noticed this is checks on checks again. Unintentional theme here.
Bonus Tip IV: The super versatile tassel loaf again – as featured here.
Bonus Tip V: I actually think the chunky cardigan over the 2/3 worked even better Here.
Thanks, as always, for reading and Happy Thanksgiving!
Yours in style,
Photography by Alex Crawford.
- Grey flannel suit trousers by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Frames by Fabulous Fannies
- Red chunky cardigan by Club Monaco
- Wool melange socks by Lands End
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Grey flannel glenplaid waistcoat (part of suit) by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Grey wool herringbone tie by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Burgundy tassel loafers by Johnston & Murphy
- Brown alligator watch band by Montblanc