The temperature here in NYC has finally started to cool off consistently, making it the perfect time to start layering in blazers.
You don’t need a jacket or a coat yet, just something to throw over your shoulders to break the breeze. One of my go-tos this time of year is a plaid or windowpane sportcoat (or suit jacket, if the fabric is right).
Early Fall is also a great time to begin introducing some autumn-worthy color palettes (think organic, earthy, rustic).
Here, three jackets with a punch along with three color palettes inspired by mother nature herself.
1. Cold Waves
This plaid cotton jacket works well for Summer (because it’s cotton and unlined) as well as for Fall (because the colors are cool and neutral – although not very subtle).
Bonus Tip: White denim in after Summer? Why not?
Bonus Tip II: Try a soft jacket over a fitted v-neck knit for a weekend-chic look (although maybe not 100% appropriate for the bball court).
- Blue plaid cotton jacket by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Teal ribbed v-neck by Gucci
- White denim jeans by Helmut Lang
- Brown alligator belt by Ralph Lauren Purple Label
- Navy shades by Zanerobe
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker
- Leather duffle bag by Lotuff & Clegg
- Burgundy penny loafers by Bass