2. Commuting to the Office
The shape and proportion of this jacket make it read as casual, but the fabric and construction look luxurious and dressy. Throw it over a shirt, tie and thin knit and you have a great business casual jacket that will set you apart from the 9-5 crowd in overszied topcoats.
Bonus Tip: The downside of a shorter bomber jacket is that it doesn’t work over a suit jacket or blazer. The upside is that it works for just about any other occasion.
Bonus Tip II: Speaking of bridging the gap between casual or formal – the wool flannel 5-pocket jean is the best pant for your buck right now. I just picked these up from Nordstrom and have been wearing them day in and night out.
Bonus Tip III: A saw Marwan wearing these awesome grey wingtips by Florsheim (here) and I knew I had to have them. At $170, they’re a no brainer. In fact, feel free to stock on a few colors – you’ll wear them more than you think.
- Blue wool bomber by Burberry
- Purple v-neck sweater by Hugo Boss
- Blue check cotton shirt by Thomas Pink
- Grey wool flannel 5-pocket jeans by Z Zegna
- Grey suede longwings by Florsheim
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Tortoise shades by Persol