You can’t go wrong with a classic double-breasted peacoat.
They come in all shapes, sizes, fabrics and price points. If the color is subtle and neutral, and the fit is on-point, it doesn’t get much better for an everyday coat.
Here I styled some of the peacoats from my closet for some everyday ideas.
1. Wine Wool
A deep wine can be treated as a neutral color and stands out from the sea of navy, grey and black.
Don’t be that guy who only wears brown shoes because it’s more “European”. Fight that a little. Black is sharp, tough and gritty.
When in doubt, play if safe with a simple white oxford, grey trouser and sharp wingtip.
- Burgundy wool peacoat Vintage
- Black/Grey/White striped socks by Happy Socks
- White oxford shirt by Band of Outsiders
- Light grey cotton chinos by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Black leather/suede spectator wingtip shoes by Barker Black
- Black aviator shades by Persol