2. Naval Issue
Some of the best peacoats were commissioned by the military and issued to the naval academy. They were made from tough and rugged navy blue wool and were built to keep their shape through the toughest conditions.
The best part is, you can usually find a reasonably priced selection at just about any decent vintage store.
Bonus Tip: Whenever buying army or navy gear (and vintage most of the time) keep in mind that you may have to size down to get the fit you are looking for.
Bonus Tip II: Yes, you can wear it over a suit. As long as the coat is longer than the jacket, and it fits comfortably over the shoulders and midsection, it’s fair game.
- Fair Isle wool socks by Polo Ralph Lauren
- Navy peacoat Vintage naval issue
- Olive/brown tie Vintage from my late grandfather
- Purple shirt with grey windowpane by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Tan corduroy suit by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Brown leather wingtips by Scarpe di Bianco