For whatever reason, too many guys shy away from the turtleneck sweater.
A thin turtleneck in a dark neutral color – like this forest green – works with just about anything and can instantly make your look more mature and rakish.
Here I styled a fine-gage wool turtleneck from Uniqlo for 5 different occasions.
1. Evening Event or Work Cocktail Party
The sweater should be snug enough that it hugs your body and fits easily under a sharply tailored suit.
A turtleneck + suit is a simple, refined look that isn’t fussy and emits confidence.
Bonus Tip: Keep in mind that the turtleneck is probably best for those with a longer and thinner neck (that is not to say that others can’t pull it off).
Bonus Tip II: Earthy tones look great on just about any skin tone. I’m a huge fan of olive and brown with tan accents.
Bonus Tip III: A subtle accent color can be used in small doses to bring your look together. Yellowish tan in the tortoiseshell shades, light horn suit buttons, natural leather shoes.
- Brown turtleneck sweater by Uniqlo
- Tortoise shades by Matsuda Eyewear
- Tan leather monkstraps by Scarpe di Bianco
- Brown hopsack double breasted suit jacket by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Striped socks by Paul Smith
- Plaid linen pocket square by Armstrong & Wilson
- Brown alligator watch band by Montblanc