This winter has been unbelievably mild in NYC. My heaviest coats haven’t left the closet yet and I’m not sure if they will at all this year.
It’s the last week of January and I find myself getting more use out of mid-weight jackets (like this badass suede bomber) than any of my heavy parkas.
Typically these would be more Spring-appropriate outfits, but I have to keep it real with what I’ve been wearing lately.
Here I styled a warm-but-not-heavy bomber jacket for three different mild winter occasions.
1. Business Casual
A bomber jacket in a classic shape, luxurious fabric (like leather or suede) and neutral color (like this awesome grey/olive) can easily swap-out a suit jacket to turn a “corporate” look into a “business casual” look.
As proof, this is actually the exact same outfit as the first look in this post, all I changed was the jacket (and scarf, of course).
A bomber jacket (whether it’s suede, denim, leather, cotton, etc.) should fit snug through the body and sleeve, and hit just a few inches below the waistband.
- Brown suede loafers by Ralph Lauren Polo
- Denim western shirt by Levi’s
- Burgundy socks by Marcoliani
- Brown turtleneck sweater by Uniqlo
- Silver belt buckle by Ralph Lauren Purple Label
- Olive suede jacket by John Varvatos
- Neutral chinos by Helmut Lang
- Brown alligator belt by Ralph Lauren Purple Label