One of classic menswear’s most flattering outerwear pieces, in my opinion, is a dark neutral trench coat. It looks good on just about any body type and gives off a mature and refined vibe.
I have a small collection of trenches in different fabrics and colors – this burgundy number is my newest addition.
In a slim fit that hits a couple inches above the knee it can be worn for just about any occasion.
Here are three examples.
A trench, like a topcoat, can fit a hair snug over a suit jacket. That way it will still look slim and fitted over thinner layers.
A bold suit like this one (as feature Here in one of the site’s first posts including photography) is best paired with neutral classics like a pale blue shirt, solid dark tie and brown wingtips.
- Burgundy trench coat by Burberry London
- Shades by Persol
- Brown knit tie by Ralph Lauren Black Label
- Windowpane suit by Hugo Boss
- White cotton dress shirt by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker
- Brown leather wingtips by Gucci