If there is anything that this mild winter has taught us, it’s the importance of having a good sweater game.
For the most part my heavy coats have stayed in the closet in exchange for layered looks with knitwear to keep the body warm, but not overly hot.
Similar to the crewneck (as featured Here) a v-neck sweater, in a medium weight, can be worn hundreds of ways.
Here are 3 examples.
1. Weekend Business
A combination that never fails: collared shirt + v-neck sweater + tailored jacket.
Yes, you can layer over a polo shirt for a more relaxed, but still put-together, look. This works much better if the polo has a sturdy button-down collar that doesn’t creep under the jackets lapels and stands to frame the face.
When it’s cold I sometimes layer over long-sleeve polos, but short sleeves actually work better since it makes the layering less bulky and restrictive.
A v-neck is right at home with a blazer & trousers look, but in some business environments it can be worn with a full suit and tie as well.
- Brown suede loafers by Ralph Lauren Polo
- Brown polo by Golf by James Warren
- Gold hand-engraved aviator shades by Matsuda Eyewear
- Marled v-neck sweater by Ralph Lauren Denim & Supply
- Wool/ silk/ mohair suit jacket by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Red wool hopsack pants by Michael Andrews Bespoke
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker
- Brown alligator watch band by Montblanc