2. Simple Bomber & Shades, ala James Dean
A simple recipe for looking suave from the king of laid-back cool: straight leg jeans, white tee, classic shades, fitted bomber jacket.
If the jacket is bold, like this one, allow it to make the statement by keeping the rest of the look neutral and classic.
There are some great resources online that offer a well-edited selection of vintage products from the comfort of your living room. For example, I picked up this rare Pendleton bomber (as well as the belted cardigan in look 5) from the keen-eyed buyers at Tidwell & Perryman Collection.
When searching for new vintage stores keep in mind that quality is more important than quantity. It’s a much better experience to choose from a well-curated selection of limited-edition pieces rather than scouring through racks and racks of old crap looking for a “diamond in the rough”.
- Red vintage wool bomber jacket by Pendleton (tailored) via Tidwell & Perryman Collection
- White cotton tee by Rich in Clothing
- Washed jeans by Ralph Lauren Denim & Supply
- Aviator sunglasses by Christian Dior Vintage from Noel Vintage
- Black leather loafers by Bass
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)