5. Bret Easton Ellis / “L.A.” Cool
“Bret Easton Ellis became a favorite of mine shortly after I moved to New York for school as a freshman.
I was a fairly sheltered kid but I quickly found myself surrounded (and fascinated) by the indulgent, debauched nightlife scene in Downtown New York.
His characters were languidly beautiful types, that lined up outside of Don Hills for MisShapes parties, prepared with fake IDs and affected apathy.”
- Suit by Vivenne Westwood MAN
- Tiger stripe sweater by Maharishi
- Wayfarer sunglasses by Ray-Ban
- Black monkstrap shoes by Ralph Lauren
Thanks, as always, for reading – and special thanks to Chuck for participating.
Yours in style,
Photography by Alex Crawford.