2. Matinee Ready
Come the weekend, you can split up the linen suit and wear just the jacket (with chinos, jeans, shorts, etc) or just the trousers (with a patterned blazer, polo shirt, light sweater, etc).
Or, you can keep them together and dress the suit down with casual basics like a striped polo and driving shoes.
The texture and drape of the linen give the suit a casual edge that doesn’t look overly “corporate”. That’s the ultimate advantage of seasonal tailoring (on top of regulating your body temperature, of course).
I’ll admit, when it gets sweaty out there I’ll sometimes dab-dry with my pocket square.
It’s a piece of cotton (or linen), use it to keep fresh then throw it in your hamper.
- Chocolate brown linen suit by Michael Andrews Bespoke (Cloth by Ariston AR D039/44)
- Brown plastic frames by Warby Parker
- Floral pocket square Handmade
- Alligator grain leather drivers by Martin Dingman
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic (42mm)
- Striped polo shirt by Brooks Brothers Black Fleece
- Nato Striped grosgrain watch strap by Corvus